EPC Grant Opportunity
Two grants of $2,500 each will be awarded in November 2016.
Applicants may apply for one award to enhance an existing project/program or to create a new project/program. Grant applications will be reviewed and awarded by the Emerging Philanthropists of Color members. Finalists must make a three-minute presentation and may answer follow-up questions in support of their project/program. Presentations will take place in October 2016.
Nonprofit organizations are eligible for an award by meeting the following requirements:
- Organization has tax exempt status (in good standing) under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organization has an operating budget of less than $1,000,000.
- Organization’s work has a positive impact on people of color in the city of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, or Lackawanna.
- Organization’s proposed project respects and promotes diversity AND one (1) or more of the following:
- Improves educational achievement for low-income students
- Increases racial/ethnic equity
- Enhances and leverage significant natural resources
- Strengthens the region as a center for architecture, arts, and culture
The Emerging Philanthropists of Color will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines, and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Buffalo, Niagara Falls, and Lackawanna
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity. Funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office.
- Projects and activities already completed.
- RFP posted online: July 1, 2016
- Application submissions due: August 31, 2016 by 4 PM
- Selected organizations notified to submit four minute presentations: October 2016
- Funding decisions announced: ~Mid October
- Check presentation: November 2016