For Nonprofit Endowments
Since 1919, individuals, families, businesses and organizations have entrusted the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo to protect and grow their charitable funds.
For nonprofit organizations, our focus is ensuring continuity of funding for organizations that are committed to providing services over a long period of time and require predictable sources of income to do so.
Reasons why organizations turn to the Community Foundation to manage their charitable funds include:
- The Community Foundation has a long history of permanence and respect; a fund at the Community Foundation can provide additional credibility to assure major donors their gifts will be permanent and well managed.
- Individual organizations’ funds reap the benefits of a nearly $350 million investment portfolio that has consistently outperformed benchmarks–they are fully diversified and include investment products that may be inaccessible to smaller funds. The end result is more money available to support your organization.
- Organizations can choose to protect the historic dollar value from potential invasion by a future Board or allow future boards to request the full transfer of the fund.
- Conflicts of interest around investment management are eliminated since the Community Foundation manages all fund investments.
- The Community Foundation can accept non-cash gifts such as stock, real and personal property, and insurance policies to benefit your organization’s fund.
- We have extensive experience in planned giving and a variety of ways to help clients structure gifts to benefit your organization. We are available to consult with you or your clients about planned gifts and provide educational opportunities for your staff and board to continue their learning on the subject.
For more information, contact Betsy Constantine by email or at (716) 852-2857.