- Home »
- Invest in Western NY
Invest in Western NY
Those funds that are entrusted by donors to the Foundation to support the community’s changing needs over time are directed by the Foundation’s volunteer board of directors where they will have the greatest impact in improving lives in Western New York.
The Community Foundation has directed these resources to drive significant community change in four priority areas:
- Improve educational achievement for low-income students
- Increase racial/ethnic equity
- Enhance and leverage significant natural resources
- Strengthen the region as a center for architecture, arts & culture
Beyond grantmaking in these areas, the Foundation also acts as a community leader and convener to address specific pressing needs in our region. Efforts here have resulted in:
- Significant improvements in childhood literacy rates
- The elimination of lead poisoning risks for hundreds of at-risk children
- The creation of a funding collaborative dedicated to strengthening the mid-sized arts and cultural organizations that anchor our community
- A coordinated collaborative of more than 150 environmental organizations resulting in implementation of a regional agenda for the environment
To learn more or to partner with the Foundation to support work in these critical areas, contact our Donor Relations department at (716) 852 - 2857.